Saturday, February 18, 2006

Mental Games

Many people think that it is rather silly to get involved in a "what if game". I am not sure that I agree with these judgements.Actaually an honest and frank response to hypothetical situations can be very revealing about who we are and what we hold to be dear.

In that spirit of honesty and frankness I would like to pose the following hypothetical situation: Assume that you are given control over say $100 Billion and furthernore you are asked to send all of it on projects that will enhance the well being of the world.How would you allocate said resources and what would be the operative idea that would guide your choices

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting question. I'm not sure that any amount of money would solve the world's problems in a lasting sense. Instead, I think that the ideals of the people must change, and in turn, they must choose new leaders who act on those improved ideals. With that in mind, I would probably invest it all into education according to a utilitarian maxim (in the John Stuart Mills sense of "the greatest good for the greatest number").